Friday 2 January 2015

Day 1: 30 Days 30 Paintings

Jug, 6"x 6", oil on stretched canvas.
This is my first painting of the New Year.  I am going to try to do a daily painting in the month of January, hence the small size.  I spent a bit of time tidying up my studio space and making sure everything was organized yesterday and then went for it.  I am curious to see how a new rhythm will sort itself out and excited to see what I can come up with.  I didn't realize just how small 6x6" really is...how do some painters fit in whole scenes? 

3 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful goal, Janet. I can't wait to see the collection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Christine! This is a great self-challenge and I so look forward to seeing the fruits of your labour! Happy painting to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many thanks for your support, ladies! I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete