Wednesday 21 January 2015

Day 20: 30 Days 30 Paintings

Remi St. Marie, 8" x 6" oil on canvas board

This is a portrait of the kitten that my daughter found in her recycle box where she was left to die on a 30 C day.  Andy took her to the vet and took care of her and then Remi was adopted by my eldest daughter and her husband.  The kitten was so small she took up a mere portion of the palm of your hand.  This was painted from a photo of her taken about a month ago;  she is much bigger and in great health...a little cutie in real life!
I think I was channeling the work of Margaret Keane of "Big Eyes" fame.  I call this my Kitschy Kitten....It gives me a whole new appreciation for people who can paint good paintings of cats!!!! Or dogs, or any animal for that matter! With apologies to Remi who really does have the most beautiful big eyes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment